You can take the following steps and create a digital marketing strategy
- Define your brand: Outline or use your brand guidelines to define your brand and how it’ll come through in your online campaigns. Think about your unique selling points(USPs), brand voice, and value proposition.
- Build your buyer personas: Determine who your boss wants to reach with custom buyer personas. Think about user demographics, as well as the motivations that drive people to choose your company, products, and services.
- Create your S.M.A.R.T goals: Use specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely goals (also known as S.M.A.R.T goals) to guide your strategy. Think about your organization’s short and long-term goals for growth.
- Choose your digital marketing strategies: Pick the best strategies for your business. Focus on the techniques that offer the most value for your business and industry, versus trendy strategies.
- Set your digital marketing budget: Research digital marketing pricing to build a realistic budget for your business. For reference, most businesses spend $2500 to $12000 per month on online marketing.
- Brainstorm your strategy: Guide your strategy to success by planning your strategy. If you’re advertising, determine your ad spend. If you’re publishing content, build your content calendar.
- Launch your campaigns: Following your planning, launch your campaigns across channels. Ensure all your channels feature the appropriate tracking information. Your website, for example, should feature your Google Analytics tracking code.
- Track your results: Monitor and measure the performance of your strategies by tracking their performance. Use tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads to keep a pulse on your strategies and their return on investment(ROI).